Pure Nickel Wire 26 AWG RW0377 - 250 Ft 3.05 oz Nickel 200 Ni200 Non-Resistance
|Wire Gauge (AWG)||26|
|Average Wire Diameter (in)||0.0159|
|Average Wire Diameter (mm)||0.40386|
|Amount of Wire||250 ft|
|Feet Per Pound||1313|
|Heat Treatment||Annealed (soft)|
|Resistance (ohms/ft @ 68° F)||0.2373|
|Melting Temperature||1446°C (2635°F)|
|Density||0.321 lbs./cubic in|
|Specific Gravity (at 68°F)||8.89|
|Specific Heat Capacity (at 68°F)||0.109 Btu/lb °F|
|Thermal Expansion||13.3 μm/m °C (20-100°C)|
Nickel 200 is a ferromagnetic, commercially pure (99.6%) wrought Nickel with good mechanical properties over a wide range of temperatures, high ductility, and excellent resistance to many corrosives (in particular hydroxides). Ni 200 is used for a variety of processing equipment, particularly to maintain product purity in handling foods, synthetic fibers and alkalies.
- Curie temperature: 360°C (680°F)
- Excellent corrosion resistance (especially against hydroxides)
- High ductility
- Ideal for use in sonic devices such as sonar or for control in ultrasonic welding
Nickel 200 has roughly the strength of mild steel when annealed. Its low annealed hardness and very low work-hardening rate makes it desirable for cold forming operations such as deep drawing, spinning, coining, etc. Used in corrosion-resistant equipment such as caustic evaporators, spun anodes, combustion boats and laboratory crucibles, and electronic components where its excellent fabricating characteristics provide an advantage.
Nickel 200 exhibits good thermal and electrical properties. Its magnetostrictive properties (specifically significant length change when magnetized) make it ideal for use in sonic devices such as sonar or for control in ultrasonic welding.
|Outstanding||Good||Not Suitable For|
|Caustic alkalis up to and including the molten state.||Acid, alkaline, and neutral salt solutions. Most useful under reducing conditions.||Oxidizing salt solutions.|
- Automotive screen and heating elements, lighting and lead wire
- Food processing
- Synthetic fiber processing (such as production of viscose rayon)
- Heat exchangers
- Chemical industries
- Electrical industries
- Manufacturing and handling of sodium hydroxide, particularly at temperatures above 300°C.
- Manufacturing of soap.
- Manufacturing of vinyl chloride monomer.
- Reactors and vessels in which fluorine is generated and reacted with hydrocarbons.
- Analine hydrochloride production and in the chlorination of aliphatic hydrocarbons such as benzene, methane and ethane.
- Electrical and electronic parts
- Aerospace and missile components.
|Gauge (AWG)||Wire Diameter||Resistance (Ohms / ft at 68°F)||Feet Per Lb.|
- This Item: Pure Nickel Wire 26 AWG RW0377 - 250 Ft 3.05 oz Nickel 200 Ni200 Non-Resistance $14.74
- Stainless Steel Wire 22 AWG RW0547 - 8 oz 290 ft SS 316L Non-Resistance AWG $15.04