TEMCo's SO Cable is perfect for use as portable electrical power and portable control cable. It can be used for ground test or motor leads. SO cable can also provide heavy-duty service for industrial tools, portable lights, battery chargers and equipment exposed to oils, solvents, flame.
- -40°C to 90°C temperature extremes.
- Manufactured with advanced synthetic rubber compounds.
- Exceptional flexibility.
- Excellent resistance to flame, deformation, ozone, oils, acids and chemicals.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Oil resistant insulation and jacket.
- Flexible in cold temperatures.
Conductor Color Code Chart
ICEA Method 1, Table E-1
|Designation||Background or Base Color|
SO Cord Designations
See the table below for a simple breakdown of common SO cable letter designations.
|Designation||What this means|
|S||Service grade. Extra hard service when not followed by |
J, P, or V.
|V||Vacuum cleaner cord and light duty cable.|
|P||Parallel cord (also known as zip cord). Light duty only.|
|E||Thermoplastic elastomer (UL/NEC designation only)|
|W||Outdoor. Sunlight-resistance jacket, wet location rated |
conductors. Formerly "W-A."
* When one ""O"" is in a designation (for example, ""SJOW""), only the outer jacket material is oil resistant. If there are two ""O's"" are in the classification (such as ""SOOW""), both the outer jacket and conductor insulation are oil resistant.
- Agency Approvals:
- Meets UL and CSA approvals
- Feet per Pound:
- Resistant to:
- Flame, abrasion, deformation, ozone, oils, acids and chemicals.
- Display Weight lbs:
- Nominal Outside Diameter in:
- Insulation Material:
- EPR (Ethylene Propylene Rubber)
- Max Temperature Rating:
- Min Temperature Rating:
- Conductor Stranding:
- 105 strands per conductor
- Insulation Thickness:
- Conductor Material:
- Bare copper
- Maximum Voltage:
- Conductor Size:
- 10 AWG
- Conductor Count:
- Amps Per Conductor:
- Conductor Type:
- Jacket Material:
- CPE (Chlorinated Polyethylene)
- Jacket Color: