NOTE: The included o-ring may or may not work. You may need to source the o-ring from another supplier.
This adapter kit allows the quick conversion of open element and canister type oil filters common on the MEP-002A and MEP-003A generators to use readily available cartridge type oil filters available at any auto parts store. This kit include everything needed to make the conversion except the filters themselves, Loctite and the few tools necessary for the job.
- Remove original oil filter canister assembly.
- Remove original canister-to-engine block seal and clean seal groove.
- Clean center threaded hole with solvent or spray degreaser.
- Lightly lubricate with oil and install the provided new seal into the groove on the engine block.
- Install the adapter plate with the specifications text side facing OUT. Orient the flow-through holes with one at the top and one at the bottom (12 & 6 o'clock).
- Apply Blue Loctite to the flat end threads and screw in the provided oil filter center threaded fitting with the tapered end facing OUT.
- Tighten the center threaded fitting to 30 Ft/Lbs.
- Lubricate the new oil filter (not included) seal with oil and screw on hand-tight.
- Start engine and check for leaks.
Compatible Oil Filters
NAPA Part Numbers
I was advised i would need a different seal which i purchased and now i have the option to use a normal oil filter instead of the cartridge which was messy and time consuming to replace